2013 Staff Excellence Awards
Deadline for Nominations: Friday March 5, 2013
Please note that in 2013 awards to staff classified in IT positions are now recognized through a separate awards process, which you can find by following the link on the Faculty and Staff page
The Franklin College Staff Excellence Awards are designed to honor staff members for their excellent performance and their outstanding contributions to units in the college. Up to four awards of $1,000 each and a certificate of recognition will be made each year. Recipients will be recognized at the Franklin College Staff Awards reception in late spring.
Four Occupational Classifications
Franklin College Staff Awards nominations are judged within four occupational classifications, as follows:
BUSINESS AFFAIRS SUPPORT (examples)
Business Affairs Manager
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (examples)
LABORATORY/RESEARCH SUPPORT (examples)
Electron Microscopy Lab Coordinator
Instructional Resources Specialist
PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT (examples)
Constituent Program Officer
Data Management Specialist
Digital Media Professional Specialist
Editorial & Production Manager
Education Program Specialist
Graduate Program Administrator
Instructional/Technical Development Professional
Public Relations Coordinator
Public Relations Specialist
If you should have any concern about a classification not listed here for a particular staff candidate, please contact the Franklin College Dean's Office at (706) 542-2840.
Nominees must be full time, non-academic staff members of a unit falling under the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences. They must have at least three years of continuous service in the College at the time of nomination (i.e., by March 5, 2013).
Nominated candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Excellence in fulfilling job requirements.
- Demonstration of initiative and creativity to improve operation of the unit.
- Promotion of a positive morale in the workplace.
- Dedication to improving the image and performance of the unit.
Nominations for these awards can be made by any member of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences (head of unit, faculty, staff, or student) but must be endorsed by the unit head in which the nominee works.
Nominations must include:
- Nomination Form endorsed by the department/unit head.
- Nominee’s job description (maximum 1 page).
- Nomination letter describing how the nominee fulfills the criteria for the award.
- No more than 3 additional letters of support, which may be from faculty, staff, or students.
Six copies of the above materials should be submitted to:
Staff Awards Committee
Attn.: Karen Coker
Franklin College of Arts and Sciences
316 Old College
Award recipients will be selected by a committee appointed by the Dean. The committee will include faculty, staff, and students.
- M. G. Michael Award
- Sandy Beaver Award
- General Sandy Beaver Teaching Professorships
- Outstanding Advisor Award
- Past Award Winners
- Staff Excellence
- Staff Excellence in Diversity Leadership
- IT Professional of the Year
- Staff Service
- Outstanding Advisor Award