CURRENT UGA STUDENTS:
Please log in to Athena (athena.uga.edu) with your UGA MyID and password to make any adjustments to the academic programs you are pursuing at the UGA.
- Select the “Student” tab
- Select “My Programs.”
- Always add the major you want first before deleting your existing major.
- If a major requires application, declare "Intended."
- If you have a minor you are trying to change to a major, drop the minor first.
- Minors and Certificate Programs can be added from this same section in Athena.
- If the major or minor you declare requires approval, this will prevent any further changes until the approval is granted.
- If you get "stuck" you can cancel the request that needs approval, perform the other actions, and then resubmit the request that needs approval.
- Athena works best in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, but has problems in Internet Explorer.
- Any problems or issues accessing Athena or making adjustments to your academic programs should be directed to the Office of the Registrar, (706) 542-4040.
- If you have any advising related questions due to your major change, then please contact our main advising office in Memorial Hall by dialing (706) 542-1412. We will be happy to assist you further.
If you are declaring a Franklin College major, you will be assigned to an advisor for that major within 7 business days. If you have time-critical advising issues, please email Pamela Ollie-Waller (firstname.lastname@example.org) and include:
- your legal name
- student ID number
- residence hall (if applicable)
- are you in the Honors program?
- description of the changes you’ve made to your academic programs
For advising questions:
Students with fewer than 60 hours who have changed their major and have advising-related questions should log in to SARA in order to find out their new advisor’s contact information.
Students with more than 60 hours should contact their major department for advising.
If you have any problems logging into SARA with your MyID and password or have questions about your advising assignment, please contact our main advising office in 114 Memorial Hall (706) 542-1412.