CURRENT UGA STUDENTS:
Please log in to Athena (athena.uga.edu) with your UGA MyID and password to make any adjustments to the academic programs you are pursuing at the UGA.
- Select the “Student” tab
- Select “My Programs.”
- Always add the major you want first before deleting any programs from your records.
- If a major requires application, declare "Intended."
- Minors and Certificate Programs can be added from this same section in Athena.
- If the major or minor you declare requires approval, this will prevent any further changes until the approval is granted; if you get "stuck" you can cancel the request that needs approval, perform the other actions, and then resubmit the request that needs approval.
- Athena works best in Chrome, Safari and Firefox, but has problems in Internet Explorer.
- Any problems or issues accessing Athena or making adjustments to your academic programs should be directed to the Office of the Registrar, (706) 542-4040.
- If you have any advising related questions due to your major change, then please contact our main advising office in Memorial Hall by dialing (706) 542-1412. We will be happy to assist you further.
Please email email@example.com after you have made the adjustments to your academic programs so that we can make sure you are assigned to the appropriate advisor for your major and number of credit hours. Your email should include
- your legal name
- student ID number
- description of the changes you’ve made to your academic programs
**Students who have changed their major and have already been advised and cleared to register for the next semester may come to walk-ins for their new advisor. These times will be reflected in SARA. All other students needing to be advised MUST make an appointment in SARA with their assigned advisor. If you have any problems logging into SARA with your MyID and password or have questions about your advising assignment, please contact our main advising office in 114 Memorial Hall (706) 542-1412.