Franklin College Outstanding Academic Advisor Award
Franklin College recognizes excellence in advising through the Outstanding Academic Advisor Award, given yearly to the advisor who has demonstrated a commitment to students, the UGA advising community, and advising profession at large.
The Franklin College invites nominations from undergraduate students, advising colleagues, department chairs, deans, or other advisors. Any Arts and Sciences professional/staff or faculty Advisor involved in the academic advisement of undergraduate students in the Franklin College may be nominated.
The preferred way to nominate an advisor is to fill out the online form here: https://ugeorgia.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_3R84fTatAiL0CvX. Written nominations turned in at 114 Memorial Hall or 164 Psychology Building are also accepted. The nomination process is ongoing, but nominations must be received by October 15th to be eligible for consideration in the current academic year.
A selection committee comprised of advisors, administrators, staff, and students will evaluate nominations for the following criteria:
- Makes use of developmental advising concepts
- Supports and advocates for students
- Displays strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Is cognizant and inclusive of diverse student populations and mindful of students’ varying backgrounds, needs, and experiences
- Is available, responsive, and accessible to students, peers, staff, and faculty
- Displays a caring, helpful attitude to students, peers, staff, and faculty
- Demonstrates knowledge of academic regulations, policies, and procedures, as well as university services and resources
- Supports and participates in special projects and programs as time permits
- Helps students develop self-efficacy
Recipients will receive:
- A $500 support account
- A recognition certificate at the Franklin College awards luncheon