Declaration or Change of Major/Minor

Office of Student Academic Services


Incoming Freshmen should change their major on the first day of their Orientation session. If you have already attended Orientation you will need to wait until the Drop-Add period to change your major or contact Admissions for further assistance.

During Orientation incoming Transfer students are restricted from changing majors outside of the school to which they were admitted.

Students who would like to declare, or change to, a Major in the Franklin College of Arts & Sciences should come to 114 Memorial Hall or e-mail fcmajors {at}uga dt edu. In the email please include the following information:

  • Full legal name
  • 810 number
  • Current major
  • Major you wish to declare or add (please specify)
  • Do you live in Russell Hall, Creswell Hall, or Brumby? (If yes, please specify)
  • Are you in Honors?
  • Have you earned 80+ credit hours?
  • Phone number where you can be reached

You MUST send the email from your UGA email address for verification. You will know your email major change request has been received when you receive the automatic reply message from our Office of Student Academic Services.

Students who wish to change to a Major outside of the Franklin College should go to the administrative offices of that school or college.

A Minor CANNOT be added to a student's record via the e-mail option. Students wishing to add a minor should come to 114 Memorial Hall to pick up the Minor Declaration form.

Paperwork to declare a minor will be processed by the student's school, NOT the school which houses the Minor.