Scholarship Funds for Summer 2016 Study Abroad
Deadline for All Scholarships
Friday, January 8, 2016 at 5:00 p.m. Notification will be sent before the end of January.
Guidelines and Eligibility for Application
- Craige Global Fellows Scholarship Application Form
- This scholarship is named in honor of its donor, Betty Jean Craige, University Professor Emerita of Comparative Literature and Director Emerita of the Willson Center for Humanities and Arts. A strong proponent of international exchange and collaboration during her 38 years as a scholar and teacher at the University of Georgia, Dr. Craige created this award in 2011 to encourage and support Franklin College undergraduate students who wish to participate in an official UGA study abroad program in a non-English speaking environment. Selection for this award is based on financial need, academic promise, and the applicant’s own words, conveyed through a one-page essay.
- Tome Study Abroad Scholarship Application Form
- Created in 2006 and named in honor of UGA alumnus Bill Tome and his family, Mr. Tome established this award to enable students in the Franklin College with limited financial resources the opportunity to participate in study abroad programs. Selection for this award is based on financial need, with consideration of merit as it may affect financial aid eligibility.
- Sherman Study Abroad Scholarship Application Form
- Jeff Sherman and his wife, Cassy Young, have a passion for the University of Georgia and a special interest in study abroad and established this scholarship in 2008 to support study abroad opportunities for students in the Franklin College. Selection for the award is based on both merit and financial need.
- Franklin College Study Abroad Scholarship Application Form
- Gifts from a variety of alumni and friends—including Sam and Carleen Jones and their family, and Franklin alumnus Pat Allen—make this award possible each year. Selection for this award is based on both merit and financial need.