The Georgia Museum of Art will present the annual exit show for master of fine arts students at the Lamar Dodd School of Art with an opening reception at 5:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 7.
This decades-long tradition presents a variety of media, themes and styles. This year’s candidates are:
- Painting and drawing: Katelyn Chapman, Whitney Cleveland, Annemarie Dicamillo and Kelsey Scharf
- Photo and video: Ally Christmas and Deepanjan Mukhopadhyay
- Ceramics: Yeonsoo Kim and Karine Lepage
- Fabric design: Erin Geagon and Johanna Norry
- Printmaking and book arts: Katherine Miller, Kaleena Stasiak and Ali Norman
- Art X: Pamela Rogers
- Sculpture: Katlin Shae
- Jewelry and metals: Alexis Spina
Sarah Kate Gillespie, the museum’s curator of American art and of the exhibition, has worked closely with the candidates to form this exhibition. Her efforts have combined a wide array of artistic techniques and concepts for public viewing.
Exit show receptions are always fun, and the show will be up through May 20, so don't miss it. Congratulations to all the MFA candidates at the Dodd for their hard work and this culmination of their UGA experience. Enjoy the show!
Image: MFA student Kelsey Scharf’s painting on copper