2021 Staff Excellence in Service Awards
Deadline for Nominations: 5:00 P.M. on Friday, April 30, 2021
Nominations from 2020 will be reviewed along with the 2021 nominations. There is no need to resubmit.
Please note that awards to staff classified in IT positions are recognized through a separate awards process.
The Franklin College Staff Excellence in Service Awards are designed to honor staff members for their excellent performance and their outstanding contributions to units in the college. Up to four awards of $1,000 each and a certificate of recognition will be made each year. Recipients will be recognized at a staff appreciation reception.
Five Occupational Classifications
Franklin College Staff Excellence in Service Awards nominations are judged within four occupational classifications, as follows:
BUSINESS AFFAIRS SUPPORT (examples)
- Accounting Technician
- Budget Analyst
- Business Affairs Manager
- Business Manager
- Office Manager
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT (examples)
- Administrative Assistant
- Administrative Associate
- Administrative Specialist
LABORATORY/RESEARCH SUPPORT (examples)
- Electron Microscopy Lab Coordinator
- Instructional Resources Specialist
- Lab Coordinator
- Lab Helper
- Lab Manager
- Lab/Research Technician
- MRI Tech
- Research Professional
- Research Technician
PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT (examples)
- Administrative Manager
- Application Programmer
- Assistant Curator
- Associate Director
- Compliance Manager
- Constituent Program Officer
- Data Management Specialist
- Development Officer
- Digital Media Professional Specialist
- Editorial & Production Manager
- Education Program Specialist
- Graduate Program Administrator
- Instructional/Technical Development Professional
- Library Associate
- Library Specialist
- Medical Illustrator
- Program Coordinator
- Program Specialist
- Project Manager
- Public Relations Coordinator
- Public Relations Specialist
- Services Professional
- Technical Director
Nominees must be full time, non-academic staff members of a unit falling under the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences. They must have at least three (3) years of continuous service in the College at the time of nomination. Previous recipients of a Staff Excellence in Service Award are eligible to be nominated seven (7) years after the date of the previous award.
Nominated candidates will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Excellence in fulfilling job requirements.
- Demonstration of initiative and creativity to improve operation of the unit.
- Promotion of a positive morale in the workplace.
- Dedication to improving the image and performance of the unit.
Nominations for these awards can be made by any member of the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences (head of unit, faculty, staff, or student) but must be endorsed by the unit head in which the nominee works.
Nominations must be made via this link - NOMINATION FORM - and must include:
- Nomination endorsed by the department/unit head (an email (PDF) from your Department Head / Director endorsing this nomination (with nominee's name included in the body and/or subject of the email will suffice).
- Nominee’s job description (maximum 1 page).
- Nomination letter describing how the nominee fulfills the criteria for the award.
- No more than 3 additional letters of support, which may be from faculty, staff, or students.
Award recipients will be selected by a Staff Awards Committee appointed by the Dean.