Come explore one of the most fascinating disciplines on campus as we celebrate World Anthropology Day today, from 2 to 4 p.m. at Baldwin Hall:
Anthropology Day is a day for anthropologists to celebrate their discipline while sharing it with the world. The Department of Anthropology at UGA has organized activities and displays to showcase how this field helps in understanding humanity's past, present and future.
All members of the public and UGA community welcome! All events to take place at Baldwin Hall, Jackson Street S., North Campus Activities and participating organizations include:
- Primitive technology with Scott Jones (Media Prehistoria)
- 3D printing and scanning with UGA Laboratory of Archaeology
- Selfie scavenger hunt
- Students for Anthropological & Archaeological Studies (SAAS)
- Anthropology Graduate Students Organization (AGSO)
- UGA Anthropology Mentoring Program Taste Explorations Photo exhibit and contest.
Vote for your favorite anthropology field photo. Winner gets free 3D printing at the UGA Laboratory of Archaeology Georgia Museum of Natural History Internship Program UGA Center for Applied Isotope Studies Refreshments provided courtesy of the UGA Department of Anthropology.