In 2019, the Franklin College reprised Unscripted as a podcast series, featuring interviews with University of Georgia faculty members as well as selected guests to campus. In partnership with WUGA-FM, Unscripted presents conversations with extraordinary members of the UGA community.
Unscripted with Alan Flurry debuted in 2012 on WUGA-TV as a 30-minute interview show featuring conversation with distinguished guests to the UGA campus. Director of communications in the Franklin College of Arts and Sciences, Alan spoke with a range of visiting artists and scholars, guest speakers and newsmakers. In the course of the conversational back-and-forth, guests share their expertise and experience, as well as opinions on topics of interest in the world today.
- Exploring the Georgia Bight on the RV Savannah
- Teaching Kids Philosophy: interview with Thomas Wartenberg
- P-Values, Probabilities, and Uncertainty: Statistics professor Nicole Lazar
- Global political trends in Cyberspace and their impact on Security, Privacy and Human Rights
- Chadwick Smith on the Trail of Tears and the Unlearned Lessons of Populism Today
- Conversation with author and journalist Paul Tough
- Interview with Professor Barbara McCaskill on the work and legacy of Toni Morrison
- Interview with Professor Nik Heynen, UGA Cornelia Walker Bailey Program on Land and Agriculture
- Interview with Professor Martin Kagel, Berlin Seminar in Transnational European Studies