Clayton County Magistrate Court Judge Candace Alynn Hill Duvernay (A.B. '06) majored in English with a minor in Sociology before moving on to the UGA School of Law. The Managing Partner of Hill Duvernay and Associates, Judge Duvernay leads a team of dynamic women attorneys who handle cases throughout the Metropolitan Atlanta Area.
With a heart for service and a passion for the community, Judge Duvernay is also a member of the 2022 class of the 40 Under 40:
- Founded law firm one week after passing the Georgia State Bar.
- Serves as a mediator and Judge, providing the opportunity to experience the legal system through different vantage points.
- Coaches the high school mock trial team at Morrow High School, her high school alma mater.
- Founded Catapult You, an organization that focuses on supporting women of color as they strive to achieve optimal work-life balance by making self-care, mental health, and physical wellness a priority.
- Serves in the music ministry at her local church.
Congratulations, Judge Duvernay! We're proud of your work and your commitment to your community.